Serving Size: 1 bun & ¾ cup mixture
- ¼ cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ lb ground turkey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tsp NutriFit Calypso Salt Free Spice Blend
- 1 tsp safflower oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
Note – For each teaspoon of the Calypso Spice Blend you may substitute: 1/2 tsp. ground chiles, 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, and 1/8 tsp. garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic, and turkey; saute 5 minutes until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in ketchup, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, calypso blend and tomato sauce; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.