Steak Kabobs Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic hot sauce (medium)
- ½ tsp natural liquid smoke
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar
- ½ whole red onion, quartered
- 1 lb sirloin steak, uncooked
- To make marinade: Put soy sauce, garlic hot sauce, liquid smoke, nutmeg, superfine sugar, peppers and lime juice in a blender carafe. Blend until smooth and even in both color and texture.
- To Make Beef:
- Rinse the meat, cut it into cubes about 1 1/2″ square. Place in a glass bowl, pour the marinade over the meat and turn to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the kabobs by placing alternating cubes of meat and onions on bamboo skewers which have been soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- Grill or broil the skewers until the meat is thoroughly cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
By Jackie Keller
From: Jackie Keller, Founder – NutriFit, LLC