Jonny Bowden well known nutritionist talks about recent studies that claim that there was a link between increased risk of prostate cancer and Omega 3 fatty acids in the blood.
The media was quick to take the studies to the next level by reporting that omega 3 supplement and other omega 3 rich foods like salmon and tuna could be responsible for a higher risk of getting prostate cancer especially the aggressive form.
I was recently diagnosed with stage 4 highly aggressive prostate cancer and when I was sent the story about two studies that proved that taking omega 3 supplements and eating foods high in omega 3s raised the risk of getting aggressive prostate cancer, I was shocked. I have taken fish oil supplements and eaten foods high in omega 3s for years and these reports were really making me upset and a bit angry.
I was told that omega 3’s were good for you and that the more you got the better.
Thank goodness, I was sent the article from Jonny Bowden Media Madness: Fish Oil Supplements Cause Prostate Cancer! Jonny debunked the articles and brought sanity back into my world.
I have been a fan of Jonny’s for some time. He has been my go to guy on nutrition for years. There is a lot of pseudoscience out there and I found that I could always count on Jonny to do the research and he has always been very straight about his findings no matter what the rest of the health community believed. That is why I would guess, they call Jonny the Rogue nutritionist because he calls it as he sees it.
I got a chance to sit down with Jonny and talk about the studies and more about omega 3’s like which one is the best, krill oil, green lipped molisk or fish derived?
I also got to ask Jonny about why we all have such a hard time staying on our diets and how we can make healthy living our permanent lifestyle. – JW
Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, (aka “The Rogue Nutritionist”) is a nationally known expert on weight loss, nutrition and health. He is a board-certified nutritionist with a master’s degree in psychology and the author of fourteen books on health, healing, food and longevity including two best-sellers, “The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth” and “Living Low Carb”.
A frequent guest on television and radio, he has appeared on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS as an expert on nutrition, weight loss, and longevity. He is a past member of the Editorial Advisory Board for Men’s Health magazine, is the Nutrition Editor for Pilates Style, and is a regular contributor to AOL, Vanity Fair Online, Clean Eating Magazine, Better Nutrition, and Total Health Magazine Online.
His work has been endorsed by a virtual who’s who in the world of integrative medicine and nutrition including Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Barry Sears (who calls him “one of the best”) and Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, (who calls him “the personal health coach I would want in my corner no matter what”).
Dr. Jonny has contributed to articles for dozens of national publications (print and online) including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, Vanity Fair Online, Time, Oxygen, Marie Claire, Diabetes Focus, GQ, US Weekly, Cosmopolitan, Self, Fitness, Family Circle, Allure, Men’s Heath, Prevention, In Style, Natural Health, and many other publications. He appears regularly as an expert on ABC-TV Los Angeles.
Jonny Bowden’s Books:
- “The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth”
- “The 100 Healthiest Foods for Pregnancy” (with Allison Tannis)
- “The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth”
- “The Healthiest Meals on Earth” (with Jeannette Bessinger)
- “The 150 Most Effective Ways to Boost Your Energy”
- “The Most Effective Ways to Live Longer”
- “The Live Longer Cookbook” (with Jeannette Bessinger)
- “Living Low Carb” (Revised and expanded edition) (100,000 in print and winner of the “Consumer Nutrition Book of the Year” award)
- “The Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes on Earth” (with Jeannette Bessinger)
To check out all of Jonny’s books [CLICK HERE]
Dr. Bowden has a Master’s Degree in psychology and counseling and a PhD in nutrition, and has earned six national certifications in personal training and exercise. He is board certified by the American College of Nutrition, a member of the prestigious American Society for Nutrition, and a much in-demand speaker at conferences and events across the country. He is also the part owner of Rockwell Nutrition.
If you really want to get healthy and you want to do it right and safely, you need to check out Jonny’s website and programs.
His website is full of great information from his blog and his give aways like his free video series “7 Nutrition Lies That are Making You Sick and Fat”.
Here are a few of his recent blog posts.
- The Most Delicious Way to Burn Fat
- What Really Makes Us Healthy: The X-Factor
- I Ate Ice Cream for Breakfast!
- Are Your Hormones Wreaking Havoc on Your Health?
- Does a pH Balancing Diet Work?
- Why I’m Not Thrilled About That New Antioxidant Study
- Are You Taking the Right Fish Oil?
- Infographic: Heart-Healthy Moving Advice
- My New Morning Ritual
- A Moving Apology From a Mainstream MD
- Media Madness: Fish Oil Supplements and Prostate Cancer
- “What Should I Eat for Lunch?”
- 15% of Seniors Are Clinically Low in This Vitamin…
- Don’t Take Your Vitamins!
- The Health Report You Never Read
- The Dirty Little Secret About Diet Research
- 8 Simple Rules to Reduce Your Risk of Dying Early
- 7 Big Breakthroughs for Burning Fat and Building Muscle
- Conventional Cholesterol Tests are Obsolete
- 6 Toxic Chemicals Lurking in Your Favorite Skin Care Products
- High Blood Pressure: The Silent Killer
- The Carnitine Controversy: What Does That New “Red Meat” Study Really Tell Us?
- Diabetes: Prevention and Cure
- Why Lowering Cholesterol Won’t Prevent Heart Disease
– See more at: http://jonnybowdenblog.com/#sthash.NNoDj0fV.dpuf
Jonny is also the owner Rockwell Nutrition.
Rockwell Nutrition is one of the ONLY online supplement companies which offers nutritionist support for the products we sell and recommended.
Our licensed registered dietitian also provides in depth customized nutritional consultations for individuals wanting to learn how to best reach their health goals and improve health concerns. Clients can purchase a customized consultation which includes a meal and supplement program tailored to their needs, as well as request diagnostic tests including food allergy testing, nutritional blood tests, and hair analysis to help assess the best treatment options for women’s health concerns.
Unlease Your Thin
Unleash Your Thin is an accelerated fat loss program, scientifically designed to not only help your body burn fat more efficiently, but also to keep that fat off for good by helping you change your eating habits.
- Dissolve body fat everywhere…
- OBLITERATE the need for IRON-FISTED willpower…
- Show you exactly WHAT foods to eat and which to AVOID…
- Make burning fat as FUN as possible…
- Turn BACK the clock and RECLAIM the body you once had…
Get your hands on Unleash Your Thin »