Ghostwriting Comes to CSULB
CSLUB in collaboration with Claudia Suzanne, is offering a Unique Program which Prepares Writers for a Lucrative In-Demand Career as a writer.
California State University, Long Beach College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE/CSULB) is now offering “Ghostwriting Certificate Program” (GCP), the world’s only ghostwriter training program. Your teacher is Claudia Suzanne who is one of the most successful ghostwriters of our time.
It has been my pleasure to interview Claudia about ghostwriting in the past and this time we get to talk about her new distance learning course. Do you want to write for a living? Listen to Claudia tell you how. – JW
GCP introduces students to all aspects of the lucrative ghostwriting field in two intense, hands-on semesters. Students learn the scope and limitations of the profession, the specific skills and techniques necessary to do a professional job, and the various methodologies for finding, contracting, and satisfying freelance and corporate clients. All classes are live and conducted via telephone and web interface.
“If you’re a ghostwriter or editor, it’s the proverbial flower-strewn path to success as an independent professional. If you’re an aspiring author, it’s the knowledge, skill, and experience you fervently hope your ghostwriter or editor has. If you’re asking me, it’s the class I wish I knew about before taking on my first client.” Derek Lewis, Business Book Ghostwriter
The Spring modules–“Introduction to Ghostwriting,” “Nonfiction,” and “The Industry”–are prerequisites for Fall’s “Fiction,” “Submissions,” and “Freelancing” modules. Students may do an independent project under instructor supervision after completing all six modules.
“Ghostwriting Certificate Program” is the expanded version of “Ghostwriter Certification Training” taught privately for over a decade by creator/instructor Claudia Suzanne <http://claudiasuzanne.com>, author of Secrets of a Ghostwriter and Chair of the May, 2013 Ghostwriters Unite! conference in Long Beach, CA. Contact her directly at email@example.com, 800-641-3936.
Claudia Suzanne has Written Several Books and Has Written Over 200 Titles as a Ghost Writer.
Ghostwriting expert Claudia Suzanne is one of the leading book industry authorities with more than ten dozen “invisible” credits in myriad nonfiction topics, fiction genres, and academic fields.
Ms. Suzanne is the only ghost to ever deconstruct exactly how ghostwriters do what they do. Her latest title, Secrets of a Ghostwriter, is the “seminal text” on the subject–in fact, the only known ghostwriting textbook in existence.
Ms. Suzanne is a recurring guest lecturer at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), where she was also a consultant and Advisory Committee member on the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 editions of the award-winning historical journal The Welebaethan, respectively.
In recognition of her literary achievements and amassed knowledge from ghosting/editing so many successful books, Claudia was awarded a Bachelors degree (2004) and a Masters degree (2006) from Suffield University.
Claudia helped found Professional Writers of Orange County (PWOC) and served two terms as president of Independent Writers of Southern California (IWOSC), OC Chapter. She currently sits on the board of directors of PEN USA, OC Chapter and the advisory boards of CSUF Extension Education, Mothers Against Sexual Abuse (MASA), and BASTIS Foundation. She is a member of Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA, formerly Publishers Marketing Association) and Small Press, Artists and Writers Network (SPAWN).
The most complete single-volume book-industry reference is now available in an updated 4th edition.
This Business of Books is an indispensable tool for aspiring authors, teachers and industry professionals. Frank, reality-based and reader-friendly, it explains what every author needs to know about:
- Concept, Writing, Editing, Submissions, Publishing, Distribution, Marketing, Promotion & Sales
- Editorial-service providers
- Publishing contracts
- The 5-step process for creating a book
- When a plot isn’t a plot
- Pros & cons of subsidy & self-publishing
- Editing do’s & don’ts
… and much more. It’s a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips!
“This book should be in every creative writing class in the country!” (Laurie Thomas, Creative Writing Instructor, Saddleback College)
Used in colleges throughout the USA
Selected for translation by China Renmin University Press
Also includes: a glossary of industry “buzz” words and terminology, valuable links and resources and a complete index.
Ghostwriter Certification Training
Become a Certified Ghostwriter
Ghostwriting is recession proof and lucrative if you have the specific skills, theory, and freelancer politics of how to do the job, how to get the job, and how to get referrals from the job under your hands.
This Online Program is Designed For:
- Career editorial-service professionals who wish to augment their expertise
- Freelance editors, journalists, and writers interested in pursuing a ghostwriting career
- Writers who wish to augment their skill sets
- Those interested in the book industry
You Will Learn:
- Advantages of ghostwriting as a career and as a service for authors
- Ghosting vs. collaborating/co-authoring
- Writer-to-ghostwriter perspective change
- Manipulating MS Word
- Establishing and maintaining authority
- Acquiring and keeping clients\
- Ghostwriter Certification Training is a full two semesters of intense, extremely hands-on work and serious fun. It will affect the way you read and write for the rest of your life.
- It’s the only course of its kind, based on the only textbook ever written on the subject.
- The class breaks down every step of the ghostwriting process into easily digested pieces.
- You learn exactly what to do with any concept, manuscript, and client you encounter. It will give you the confidence to charge the fees you deserve, the skill to fulfill your contracts, and the insight to become a master in the field.
“The best, most affordable and most efficient training around is provided by ghostwriter, gifted teacher, and author in her own right Claudia Suzanne.” – Jane Genova, journalist, attorney, blogger
CONTACT Claudia Suzanne: